Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm Kind of Embarrassed to Use the Word "Gleek" but...

Let me sum up:
Glee finale clip with before and after photos.





Let me splain:
I try to avoid pop-culture that is actually popular to a fault. Example: I refused to read Harry Potter until 2001, and only after my best friend (now husband) insisted it was nifty. I had no intentions of partaking in the "Glee." But then I decided to do a community theatre musical last Fall. It soon became impossible to converse with the other theatre dorks surrounding me without "Glee" in my vocabulary. So I caved. And it has been a delicious good time.

Whether or not you're enough of a theatre geek to expose yourself to this kind of nonsense, you can certainly appreciate that some songs are just potent. "Bohemian Rhapsody" is one of those songs. Mix in childhood memories of head-banging with my sister and several moving "Glee" plotlines, and you get a teary firestorm.

~Geek out

No comments:

Post a Comment