Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'll Hurt You If You Stay...

Let me sum up:
Horror flick fun, with The Fly (1986)





Let me splain:

The tear photo is from the final scene, right when he puts his grubby mitt on the gun. The other big tearful scene for me is the insect politics/"I'll hurt you if you stay" monologue. Good stuffs. And of course, I'm happy to enjoy Jeff Goldblum's hotness along the way. I've been listening to a lot of the Nerdist podcast lately, and a while back they had a fun discussion about what made this remake a successful endeavor, unlike so much of the reboot fever today. Namely--Cronenberg took a good idea and actually did MORE with it.

If you're looking for sumpin to do on Halloween, grab this version of The Fly, or the Vincent Price version, or both. And have funs.

~Geek out

1 comment:

  1. Ah, man! I love The Fly, in all it's various incarnations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqYDRxdgnC0

    ReplyDelete