Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Potter Prep

There's a lot of geeky goodness coming up in the next week, folks. I'll be posting my breakdown of hysterical sobbing from "Deathly Hallows--Part 2" this weekend. I'm planning a reader-requested post on the DC reboot of Harley Quinn next week. Aaaaaand I'll also be posting anytime Comic Con coverage catches my lacrimal glands off guard.

Seriously though. Harry Potter. I've avoided info/reviews as much as possible (though, baby spoiler, I did stumble across evidence that the epilogue made it in). And I gotta say, as a Snape girl, I'm excited. I'm blessed with a crap memory, so I'm rarely bummed about details from the book that don't make it into the movie. With the notable exception of Snapey-content. I've been dissapointed in the past by how little flashback/pensieve footage has made it in. So I was stoked when they announced they were splitting Deathly Hallows into two parts. I was happy to fork over the extra cash and sit through the nail-biting "We're hanging out in the woods!" action of Part I if it meant Snape might get more screen time in Part II. I don't expect them to cover Chapter 33 in detail (thought it would be amazing if they did). Honestly, I'd be happy if they just do a couple shots of Snape and Lily as kids as Snape says his final line. Yeah. That'd be good. I get misty just thinking about it. But for once, I think the movie might exceed my expectations, because you need a big dose of Snape and the pensieve to get to the epilogue. And because Snape deserves it, dang nab it. Greatest Harry Potter character ever.

In the meantime, a little niblet to whet your appetite...Rickman's letter written for the Empire Magazine Potter spread. Which totally made me cry.



~Geek out

No comments:

Post a Comment