Monday, December 20, 2010

O Holy Night

Let me sum up:
Quintessential Hallmark Christmas commercial...





Let me splain:
I'm pretty sure we snagged this commercial on VHS while taping Hallmark's 1987 "The Secret Garden," so I saw it quite a bit growing up. We lived in Orange County...my big sister eventually headed to New York for college, so she was dependent on the whims of planes and weather to get home. I later went to college in Northern California, so I had to cross through the occasionally treacherous Kern Country "grapevine" on my drive home for Christmas. We always both made it on time...I loved sneaking home a day early, especially when weather promised to be fickle.

My sister just arrived home. I'll be heading home in a couple days and I just got off the phone with my parents. As we started discussing the weather, my sister ran to the window and pretended to look outside with expectant concern. We have had many cheesy family moments reenacting this sap-tastic commercial.

~Geek out

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite sappy commercial of all time! It's definitely from The Secret Garden broadcast, I had it taped off the TV, too. Thanks for posting this for me to find and cry over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! The new "John Lewis" Christmas commercial is now a close second in tears for me--I'll be posting it soon!

    ReplyDelete