Monday, November 8, 2010

The Sting

Let me sum up:
Futurama episode, "The Sting"



Let me splain:
While searching for photos I found a thread declaring this the worst episode ever. Those dudes are crazy. If you don't love heart wrenching Frye/Leela storylines, you don't love Futurama. I dig their relationship because it reminds me of my husband and I in high school...we didn't start dating until we were 21, and I think that was a good call. Frye will get there (as we saw in recent Futurama movies).

Anyhoo, the episode is delightfully psychedelic, and the ending makes me very weepy. But hey, if poignant twist endings and trippy sing-alongs aren't enough for you, this episode is still golden because it has a callback to the fact that Frye copulated with a radiator.



~Geek out

1 comment:

  1. The first time I watched this episode on DVD (I had seen it when it first aired on Fox) I cried for 22 minutes straight, as well as the first time I saw "Godfellas" on DVD (also previously saw it on Adult Swim).

    ReplyDelete